Safety Policies & Procedures
Effective: June 1, 2020
- Will have their health assessed when arriving at the studio.
- Face masks will be worn at all times by instructors.
- Dancers while in the lobby area. They may remove them during class and kept with their dance bag or in a designated space. Hands to be washed after taking masks on and off.
- Encourage and ensure dancers are practicing social distancing of 6 feet apart within the lobby and studio.
- Places where dancers stand for warm ups and class instruction will be marked 6 feet apart within the dance studio. For little dancers, their locations will be marked by hula hoops in order to encourage social distancing.
- Class Size: Maximum 9 dancers
- Dance bags and water bottle will be brought into the studio/classroom and placed in designated areas, 6 feet apart.
- Little dancers (under age 5) are encouraged to wear their dance shoes into the studio.
- There will be tap boards leading from the parking lot to the front door.
- No props will be used including dance bars.
- At end of class, dancers will use hand sanitizer when leaving class, walk to the front door where they will meet their parent.
- Instructors will clean music station, door handles, hula hoops, etc. after each class.
- Instructors will use hand sanitizer between classes.
- Dancers waiting for their class must remain in their car. Please do not arrive more then 10 min before class. Your instructor will meet you at the front door with Miss Judy.
- Garage doors will be open when appropriate during class
- No fans will be allowed
- Water Fountain will be turned off. Please bring a water bottle with name.
- No magazines or lost and found will be available
- No food allowed in the building
- Homework lounge and dressing room will be closed
- Parents may observe classes thru the front studio windows and/or via the studio monitor, which will be placed in the window of the office.
- Please practice social distancing outside the building. Masks are encouraged to be worn outside the building.
- Highly trafficked surfaces such as light switches, door handles, and music cart will be sanitized every 2 hours with a deep clean at the end of the day.
- Studio Arrival: No earlier than 10 minutes before class. We will stagger classes
throughout the day so that only one class is dismissed at a time.
- Wait in car, in drop off line or parking spot, until an instructor welcomes you at the front
door. We encourage everyone to use the drop off and pick up line.
- Drop off and pick up line flow: Please enter via the far East entrance to the parking lot.
Driver’s side will be on the same side as the street with dancers exiting and entering
vehicles thru passenger door on the side closest to the building.
- Your instructor and Miss Judy will be waiting at the front door.
- Little dancers (5 and under) may have one parent escort into the building. Please wear a mask. Little dancers (under age 5) are encouraged to wear their dance shoes into the studio. There will be tap boards leading from the parking lot to the front door.
- Dancer will have their temperature taken and health assessed upon entry of building. Anyone who has experienced a fever of over 100 degrees F, sore throat and/or cough in the last 3 days are not permitted in the building.
- Each dancer will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
- Dancers should wear a mask when entering and exiting the building. Masks must cover nose, mouth and chin.
- Masks may be removed during class, however, we encourage masks to be worn.
- Only dancers are allowed in the building during class.
- Parents may observe classes outside thru the front windows for Studio 1 and 2 or via the studio monitor, which will be located in the office’s front window. Please practice social distancing outside.
- Instructor will escort dancers to their studio for class.
- Dance bags will be brought into the studio and placed in a designated location. Please limit the amount of shoes and items needed as there will be a small area for them.
- Places where dancers stand for warm ups and class instruction will be marked 6 feet apart within the dance studio. For little dancers, these marks will be surrounded by hula hoops in order to encourage social distancing.
- After class, dancers will use hand sanitizer upon exiting their studio.
- Dancers are to exit the building after their final class to meet their parent.
Dancers Unable to Attend Class
- Classes will be videoed via zoom. Dancers can log on during their class time to
- Online videos will be available at the end of the week for any additional choreography.
- Dancers participating in recital should be available the week prior for in studio classes as we will not have an official dress rehearsal.